coaxial speaker recommendations.

Participant count
  • Participant list

MetalHead888
10+ year member

MetalHead
NJ
ive been rocking the stock speakers ever since i my new car and they dont sound bad at all. but its time for some upgrades. currently i have a kenwood x995 head unit and 2 10s in the trunk. i listen to mostly rock and metal and would like to spend around 100 bucks give or take. i had type s components in my jeep and i wouldnt mind going with the coaxial version this time around. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

im leaning towards 2 way coaxiles because my car has stock tweeters that sound good and right now i dont plan on installing a 2nd amp to power components. that may change in the future but as of now its a no go

thanks in advance for any recommendations. speakers are 6.5 btw

Installing a set of coaxial speakers without removing the stock tweeters is not a great idea. They just won't be matched well due to different sensitives, and also the fact that you will have 4 tweeters, which will do "wonderful" things to your frequency response and imaging. Instead of spending 100 bucks on two sets of coaxial speakers, I'd just buy a really nice set of components for the front. There are tons of options. Some of forum favorites are:

Massive Audio CK6V. These have probably the best bass among budget speakers as the company claims something like 9mm xmax (I assume one way).

HAT Imagine. Great speakers, will play loud, but probably not as loud as CK6V. Very good SQ.

Image Dynamics CTX.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.