coax -> optical conversion for H701

Participant count
  • Participant list

~Magick_Man~
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
bedford,Tx
well i recently got my h701 installed using a set of rca's from my deck and now i am getting some background hum/noises.

they are there all the time but not that bad.

when playing a zero bit track with the h701 volume maxed and the hu volume down low it is very noticable.

i have heard it is not uncommon to have noise problems with the h701 using the analog inputs.

so i want to have a converter in the dash and run an optical cable back to the h701.

but i have heard the h701 must be plugged into an alpine HU for the optical to work, meaning just any old optical signal wont work.

is this true?

i am looking at changing over to the alpine 9860 and using that for the optical but i dont want to spend that money right now if i can avoid it.

i am pretty sure it is not my wiring since i have switched everything around once since i put the H701 in, and have been very careful about how my wires are ran.

and i dont think it is my amps since all my speakers do it, and each set of speakers if ran from a different amp.

sorry for the long winded description.

what i am really asking is can this be done (using a coax -> optical converter)

and if it can is there any converters that you would suggest?

thanks for taking the time to read this.

and all help would be greatly appreciated.

~Magick_Man~

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.