CNC/3D printing manufacturers

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
Investing in a CNC kit and 3D printer in the next few months as I transition into a different business model over the next 2 years. My current shop is fairly small, 30 feet by 15 feet, so I would like the machine to sit upright for space saving, but that’s not a deal breaker. I am moving down the road and can just build what I need. There is a CNC kit made by Maker that sits upright, but is only capable of 3/8 inch thickness. Is 3500$ a realistic budget to get a decent CNC kit for a small shop? One that will put in work daily? I’m a hand tool guy, so this is new to me, but what I do know is that top notch builders use CNC machines. Never seen one in person myself. I can’t avoid learning and using this tech. If I’m only engraving and doing cuts on the table saw old school, that makes me believe I can do this much cheaper with a smaller machine. Are all box builders doing their full cuts using these machines instead of a table saw? I’m assuming some guys are fully automated with it and use expensive machines to cut the entire enclosure with the CNC, and other guys are cutting down their panels with a table saw and using the smaller CNC machines for engraving and doing the artsy work on a smaller scale. As I move into CNC and 3D printing for adapter rings, custom distribution blocks, etc., I’m looking for a little guidance as to what is realistic to be looking for as semi-entry level tools, but still capable of putting in daily work as I learn how to use it. My realistic budget isn’t limitless, but I can spend a little.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
SlugButter
arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views