Cmax vs spim08hp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vogey84

CarAudio.com Recruit
mn
They both are fairly cheap, was looking at getting a pair of 38 cell cmax mod. Or roughly the same ah worth of spim08hp cells is either one stand out as being better then the other? I'm leaning towards the cmax mainly cause I think they might tolerate severe cold better then the others

They both are fairly cheap, was looking at getting a pair of 38 cell cmax mod. Or roughly the same ah worth of spim08hp cells is either one stand out as being better then the other? I'm leaning towards the cmax mainly cause I think they might tolerate severe cold better then the others

Cmax are more powerful but require compression the spim08hp cells only require containment and often come with the cell holders so all you need is properly cut all thread and bus bars.

Personally I don't want to deal with cells that required compression. They tend to be a big issue if the compression isn't quite right.

My budget was involuntarily reduced recently, that along with the cmax modules I was looking at were not the correct ones for car audio apparently. Making a 96ah bank of spim08hps stand out as the only affordable choice at this time. I'm ditching the LA Batt under the hood and 2 on frame rails behind rear tires keeping the ixous ultra cap (Goin on frame rail) might get the caps off battery hookup 18 2.7v 3000farad caps for <$300 for other frame rail though I'm on the fence about spending that on caps or just getting another 96ah bank

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...