Clipping

No, an extra battery will help your alt from frying. Since a battery stores electricity, your amp can pull off the batteries and take some of the load off the alternator. More batteries always helps, unless you drive a terrible small car like mine that would rub the wheel wells with any weight like that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Haha Ok great, I'll look into another battery, I have a feeling my car will be able to cope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks so much for the help

Add a batt as close as you can to the amp on the wire you have now and do the big 3 in 0 gauge. Then see where you are at. Make sure u have a 150amp fuse on that 4 gauge or u will melt your fuse holder.

I ran the ab ph4000md on 4 gauge just fine but I had a big batt within 16inches of it and I was running the full 2k rms

0gauge power wire is a good investment if u plan to upgrade later

You see, I can't run my subs at 2200w rms, they're rated at 600 rms each with a max of 1200w. If I were running them at 2200w rms then my speakers would be dead in no time and I don't want to risk it. I have a limited budget so I think a ho alt is out of the question. I know I'm going to get another battery if it's relatively cheap and I'll look into 0 gauge wire. But I'm still in the dark about this big 3 lol, could someone elaborate?
If you are worried about your subs blowing, clipping them blows them faster. After doing what everyone suggests, you can always wire them series parallel so you'll have extra clean power, that VFL should fully power your subs even at 4 ohms.

You can get wire reducers made or purchase them to fit 0 gauge into 4 gauge holes.
stinger-adapter.jpg
where could I find some of those? I have a 1/0 gauge run but my amp takes 4.

where could I find some of those? I have a 1/0 gauge run but my amp takes 4.
Not trying to be mean, but there is this thing called the internet and google //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not trying to be mean, but there is this thing called the internet and google //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well you are being mean, and it would be most simple just giving a direct answer. Instead of being a prick about things. I know I can go on google and search it up, my bad for asking a high rated forum member for a suggestion.

I'm just saying it'll help you in the long run man. You'll learn a lot from searching and searching. That's how I learned to design. But I've never personally used reducers before, but I'm sure that there are several major car audio websites that carry them. You would want one made of highly conductive material, copper, maybe gold plated, something along those lines.

I'm just saying it'll help you in the long run man. You'll learn a lot from searching and searching. That's how I learned to design. But I've never personally used reducers before, but I'm sure that there are several major car audio websites that carry them. You would want one made of highly conductive material, copper, maybe gold plated, something along those lines.
thank you, I did search some up but found limited choices. Apparently its still a developing concept from what I read. And I research plenty, found a lot of answers when i was starting up. Many from this very forum which is why I decided to join.

Get a good agm under the hood..do the big 3 and set ur gains with the bass knob unplugged ..that way when u turn it all the way up it wont go past wat u have the amp set at..and set the lpf at 80...keep loud features and bass boost off..and when u set gains make sure sub level is all the way up on the deck
My understanding is loud does not clip, but it just means the sub volume is louder at lower levels, so instead of it being adjusted with the rest of the steroes audio, its a little higher. bass boost is the one that hurts you? jkust asking cause my hu has loud and bass boost, and sub ouput vol. and when i tested it with loud on and off, when i get to full tilt it sounds the same

My understanding is loud does not clip, but it just means the sub volume is louder at lower levels, so instead of it being adjusted with the rest of the steroes audio, its a little higher. bass boost is the one that hurts you? jkust asking cause my hu has loud and bass boost, and sub ouput vol. and when i tested it with loud on and off, when i get to full tilt it sounds the same
Bass Boost doesnt "hurt" your audio system... the user does. bass boost (like the gain) can be adjusted to produce clean power.

If you system is proper, all you need is your gain and crossovers. I've never messed with bass boost except on some radios that had lower voltage outputs than my brain. Bass boost, from my installing experience, is really only needed when your input voltage is terrible.

If you system is proper, all you need is your gain and crossovers. I've never messed with bass boost except on some radios that had lower voltage outputs than my brain. Bass boost, from my installing experience, is really only needed when your input voltage is terrible.
Bass boost doenst boost the signal persay, it boosts a specific freq. On most amplifiers, that freq is 45hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.