Clio Campus 58plate

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I've just joined this forum after trawling for hours on end looking for answers to my question. Just when I think I find it, another question appears! So I thought I would find a forum, join it and ask some people here!

I have just bought a 58 plate Clio Campus 1.2l. I don't actually have the vehicle as of yet! I'm picking it up next week.

As all of you have probably guessed I'm looking to change out the HU so that I can connect a usb rive to it.

I would like for the dash display/external display in the car and also the stalk/steering controls to work with it. Ive found a Sony HU that seems right up my street! It's the Sony MEXBT3800U. I was looking for the cables and everything to go with it to make everything work! As far as I can tell the HU supports external display VDO? and also external stalk controls. I've found a few cables that claim to work with this particular head unit. This one in particular Connects2 CTSRN003 mentions that it works with renault stalk controls and VDO tuner list. I thought brilliant! My search has come to an end.

Then I found out that there are two different types of setups... Some renaults come with tuner list and others update list. It's my understanding that they are different because of the wiring and the way the display works.

So a few questions if no one would mind answering them for me?

A) How do i tell if I have a tuner list or an Update list radio? (It is a 58 plate Clio Campus, the stock stereo that is in there is the renault one with a display, if this helps at all)

B) What functions work with VDO tuner list displays? Does it ONLY show the radio channel? Or does it show MP3 track names and artists etc...

C) If the HU will not display track/album/artist names on the Clio external/dash display is this a limitation by the VDO tuner display or the Sony Head Unit itself?

D)If my clio does have a stock tuner list radio, is this the best setup to go with for the price? (£110 for the HU £25 for the stalk/display adapters and patch leads)

or

D2) If my stock renault HU is an update list, what alternatives are there? Would the same cables and HU work?

E) Are there any other cheaper alternatives to get a usb pen drive/MP3 working in my car? I read something about some clios being able to make use of a cable renault sells for ipod connectivity? would this work for other MP3/USB devices?

I'm sorry for the long first post. I really do hope that someone can help me, give me definitive and point me in the right direction if I am completely off track!

Thanks again and I hope to become a regular member of this community as I have a thirst for knowledge as far as in car audio goes, and more specifically in car audio for my little clio!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Adam Jeremiah

Adam Jeremiah
Swansea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Adam Jeremiah