Clicking Interference, Air Ride Suspension/Stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

_Dirty_

VT
I recently installed a new alt into my 03 VW gti, the stock alt is 90amps and the new one I installed off of a VR6 is 120amps, I used the stock alt to battery cables. Ok now that is said recently I installed Air Ride suspension into my car using another power cable separate from my stereo power cable to provide power. I have a separate ground for the air system which is under the seatbelt (not sure if that is a good place).

Stereo setup: Merrell front components with mids, Sony CDX-GT930UI deck, Kicker 10ZX700.5 amp, (1) Kicker 07CVR12-4 sub.

OK now to my problem, Whenever I "hit a switch" to move the car up/down using my switch box I hear a horrible click or interference sound through my speakers. Its more dominate in the passenger front over the driver side front (no rear speakers).

What could be causing this? Bad Grounds? Not using the same ground for both the stereo and suspension(ground loops?)? Too small of a alt to battery wire? Ideas?

Thanks for any help!

G

The valves are huge inductors, and thus create a huge magnetic field.

I have the same click in my system when I hit switches, but it's not as bad as yours sounds.

Keep any RCAs and speaker wires away from the valves.. and also try grounding everything to the exact same spot to eliminate any ground loops, like you said.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.