Clear Crisp SPL?

I dont understand why anyone in their right mind would spend money on something thats loud as p1ss and not musical at all. People actually buy subs just for the soul purpose of being loud? So pointless.

and most aren't the most efficient either . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I dont understand why anyone in their right mind would spend money on something thats loud as p1ss and not musical at all. People actually buy subs just for the soul purpose of being loud? So pointless.

Call up MTX and ask them how many RFL's they sold . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yup. am using a btl as my daily driver.

have used sx's, 1st and 2nd gen mags, bl's, xxx's.

on rap i can tell a difference really between my btl and my **** mags. now on rock and other stuff (ok computer from radiohead for example)...yea the btl is not the most natural sounding sub and the mag, and xxx did much better...but if you listen to rap you can get away with an "spl" driver.

because i listen to mostly rap and rap isnt musical anyways...

not eveyone listens to Mozart...

because i listen to mostly rap and rap isnt musical anyways...
not eveyone listens to Mozart...
Yeah but why not get a sub that can get 95% as loud, but sound much better while doing it? Ive never understood the SPL sub for a daily mentality... you sacrifice SQ 100% of the time for that slight improvement on top-end output that you rarely squeeze out of your system anyway.

Not dissing you or your decision, just trying to understand.

Yeah but why not get a sub that can get 95% as loud, but sound much better while doing it? Ive never understood the SPL sub for a daily mentality... you sacrifice SQ 100% of the time for that slight improvement on top-end output that you rarely squeeze out of your system anyway.
because thats what rap is all about. being as obnoxious as possible. to h3ll with what it sounds like. just make sure everyone can hear you within a 3 mile radius. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

thats what i always thought and felt like, but after getting a fully loaded BTL, its not that bad. my friend told me the same thing when i told him supposedly the btl sounds like ****, but i want to try it out anyways. we were both surprised at how decent it sounded, compared to what we were expecting to hear from it. me especially since i read up on this forum all the time.

i always thought my magnum was loud but i had to almost clip and over power it (got it stinky quite a few times) to get decently loud. after i put my btl in, i just set my gain and was done with it. no messing around and the output is pretty ridiculous for 1 15". i would need to buy probably 2 mags to keep up. and 2 mags dont come cheap especially when i got my btl for $340 shipped (fully loaded, used) and a the mags would be around 6-675 or so for the pair. the lows are stronger than my friends 05 15" xxx yet dont taper off as you hit the higher freq. does sound quite a good of course but its really not that bad.

i know someone like you, JimJ, punkorama, req, and a few others would not be satisfied because you guys are more SQ based guys from the posts i have read over time on this forum, but i would venture to say most people would be happy with the right install. i know i was quite surprised with it, and im digging the sub. just my .02c

because thats what rap is all about. being as obnoxious as possible. to h3ll with what it sounds like. just make sure everyone can hear you within a 3 mile radius. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
make sure everyone can hear me?

then im sure youve never read my posts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

if i wanted to make sure everyone could hear me i wouldnt of sold my 2 18's, or 2 15's setup each off 3kw that i had before

people buy cars that are fast in a straight line, but dont turn very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

there is a market for everything, and for many people, they dont need/want something that is going to be good all around, but they would rather have something that is amazing for a few things.

look at how many GSXR1300's suzuki sells... fast bike, but not great in the twisties, yet they still sell like hot cakes for the streets, because they suit many peoples interests.

see my above post...

this is the reason the entire economy is not based around one individuals wants/desires...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.