cleaning products

bannock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
What kind of cleaning products do you guys use? I hate taking my car to the shell for the touchless carwash. rather detail in the comfort of my own home.

Looking for dash cleaners, car washers, the whoel nine yards.

idk man...theres a grip of car cleaning stuff at walmart, target, kregans, autozone that work wonders! i have chrome cleaners for my rims, windex for my windows, wipes for my dash, armoral for my tires, break cleaner for my breaks and rotors. idk man there so much, usually the guys at kregans or autoshops have experience with brands and will help you out. just ask them, thats what i do

Go hit up autozone. Megiuars stuff is really good. Buy a buy or microfiber towel and wax pads. And those blue shop towels. Amorall is another good brand.

Bucket of water & dish washing soap

shammy

armoral for the dash and such

megiuars leather conditioner & cleaner

megiuars or mothers wax

black magic tire gel

windex for the windows

mothers alum. polish for my old wheels(best stuff I ever used)

I use lots of Meguires products. They are probably some of the best for the price and are readily available at Auto-Zone, Advance, etc. I use Meguires Gold Class car wash to wash the car. I use Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner for the wheels. I dress the tires with Meguires Hot Shine tire spray. For the interior I wipe the dash down with a liberal spritzing of Meguires Quick Interior Detailer. About once a month I treat the paint to Megiures clay bar followed by their Mirror Glaze Show car polish and High-Tech Yellow wax.

god. and i thought i spent a lot on keeping my truck clean....but yeah, i use basically mothers and turtle wax products..although this Meguires seems to have a good rep, ima check that out next week maybe.

I usually go for mothers products out of habit.

for windows I use this stuff in an aresol can called invisible glass mad by stoner (haha crackheads). it foams up and does a great job.

I use turtle wax wash and wax shampoo nice to wash the car and is relly easy to dry it, and it lets the car shinning.

For interior i use turtle wax F21, the one in the big green bottle, thats for dash and door trim.

And for tires i use meguiars gold class tire endurance high gloss, if it doesn rain will stay with wet look for about 3 days, but can last about 2 weeks with a deep black color.

For small scratches i use meguiars Scratch-X it works nicely on low deep scratches and paint other paint stain.

For a monthly wax i use meguiats gold class liquid wax.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bannock

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
bannock
winnipeg,mb
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date