Clarion headunit locked

Participant count
  • Participant list

polil0

Hey guys, I have a Clarion VZ400 touchscreen headunit and I have found it pretty decent so far. Anyway, after the power cutting off it went into the lock screen where it asked for a password. So i figured I would try 1234 and a couple other ones. I havent changed the password so it should still be the factory code. Anyway after three tries, It locked itself completely and wont let me input a password. After searching around online I havent found anything and the dealer I bought it from is currently trying to figure out what to do(he wasnt too sure but is trying to look into it supposedly). So anyway aI was wondering if any of you have went through this in the past and know the fix? thanks

Well, turns out that once its locked its done. They need to replace some chip in it so you must send it in to Clarion. Why they would make a device that actually locks you out for good is beyond me but I guess this is the way it must be...

They don't need to replace the chip, but they will unlock the chip by hooking up their diagnostics computer, much like Eclipse would do if a HU had to be sent in after its 10 failed attempted tries, locking at the "thief" thus forcing it to be sent in to fix.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.