Clarion cz702 amp guard

Participant count
  • Participant list

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok I'm having an issue with my cz702. When you turn the volume up past 32 ish after a couple minutes the volume is then replaced with "amp guard". All the research I've done indicates a short in one of the speaker wires running to the hu's internal amp, however, I'm not using the internal amp. anyone have any ideas?

Ok I'm having an issue with my cz702. When you turn the volume up past 32 ish after a couple minutes the volume is then replaced with "amp guard". All the research I've done indicates a short in one of the speaker wires running to the hu's internal amp, however, I'm not using the internal amp. anyone have any ideas?
I had this issue when using my internal amp, but you say you are not using it all?

Are you sure you did not leave any stock wiring connected to the headunit?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I had this issue when using my internal amp, but you say you are not using it all?
Are you sure you did not leave any stock wiring connected to the headunit?

Nah none of the speaker wires are used on the hu. Only have a singe comp set up front and they use the passive crossovers.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Did you turn off the internal amp?
I did not but I will and see what happens. Didn't know you could turn it off.

I think that was the problem. It was turned off, and the instruction manual said it needs to be on. Thanks man.
Yup kinda confusing to have the internal amp running you neet to put it on "off" but to have it off you need to put it on "on" lol

Np!

Nah none of the speaker wires are used on the hu. Only have a singe comp set up front and they use the passive crossovers. 

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

I did not but I will and see what happens. Didn't know you could turn it off.
It happens to my friend's unit too. It is sensitive to clipping down to the recording quality of the music files. If it thinks the output signal is too strong it will shut off to reduce harm to speakers.

Or it could be a bug and something's wrong with the unit. Disconnect all RCA and speaker connections, turn it up all the way. If it still displays the message, you need to turn it in for RMA, if its not then its just the music recording.

Some music from decaf, you can easily go up to 40 on the volume and it will not display, some will start displaying at 32, 35 etc depending on the gain built in the recording of the song.

Now that we are on this HU do any of you guys know how to add more trebble? Im in mormal mode and have NO clue how to mess with the eq, the mids put play the tweeters and i dont like it

Now that we are on this HU do any of you guys know how to add more trebble? Im in mormal mode and have NO clue how to mess with the eq, the mids put play the tweeters and i dont like it
When you are in the adjust eq settings set it to custom then turn up the G and F settings till you like it best. The Q setting is mids.

If not just do it all thru the amp of possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.