Clarion CX501 Double Din HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

cyn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Okay... I'm wanting to keep that stock look on the panel and everything.. Anyone ever use one of these or any thing?

Clarion CX501 (CX-501) In-Dash Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth and USB

^^^ can find specs and stuff there on it. I currently have a CZ500 single din, and think it would take away from the look of the panel with the single din in.. I don't want a screen up there had one before its not for me.

Was just about to start a thread on this Clarion HU unit until I seen this one. I recently installed a JVC KW-R900BT and am not all that impressed with it so I was thinking about switching it out. The Clarion seems to have some good features and has alot of good reviews on Crutchfield just wondering if Clarion is still a decent quality HU as it was back in the day? Not trying to thread jack, just wanting the same info!

For the money this is a really solid head unit. It looks and feels great. I installed this in a Toyota Tundra with the JBL premium audio package. The Metra TYTO-01 interface was used to retain the factory amplifier. The Bluetooth streaming music and calling both sounded great, and BT streaming is in stereo, not mono like most manufacturers offer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.