clamping audiopipe 3000D

How about a true RMS meter with 30 second averaging capability.......... It'd be fun to see the look on folks faces when they play actual music for 30 seconds and come back to find out what was ripping their heads off was an average of 300-400w over half a minute.

I had an AP 3k that I bought brand new for $270 shipped. It was on 2 800w rms Ascendant Audio Chaos subs that cost me $320 for the pair, and supplied power by 2 RPS industrial batteries that cost $100 for the pair.

For under $700, I could averge a 149.6-150.0 @ 37hz for about 3 minutes straight before the subs started to heat up at all. Must have put out good power (it would touch a 150 playing music, no wall) and was probably pretty clean if it could give the subs double their rms rating for 3 minutes straight.

^what he said. and like i said ill put it on a pocket o-scope to see how "clean" the power is. but in reality when the audiopipe was cheap it was cuz everybody was saying it didnt make power but now that its getting out that it does the **** price jumped up about 100 bucks. so.......... audio pipe ***** and the dont make power lol

I had an AP 3k that I bought brand new for $270 shipped. It was on 2 800w rms Ascendant Audio Chaos subs that cost me $320 for the pair, and supplied power by 2 RPS industrial batteries that cost $100 for the pair.
For under $700, I could averge a 149.6-150.0 @ 37hz for about 3 minutes straight before the subs started to heat up at all. Must have put out good power (it would touch a 150 playing music, no wall) and was probably pretty clean if it could give the subs double their rms rating for 3 minutes straight.
As much **** as this man has had, i think his word could be valuable to forum nuthuggers.

I'm still not disputing that the amp doesn't do/exceed rated, but I still have an issue with the ability of the test equipment to give a true and accurate reading. I just noticed that the clamp is the same brand so both items used in the test are bottom of the barrel Harbor Freight Tools stuff.

A member on here made of a video comparing a craftsman clamp meter to a top of the line fluke and the craftsman was off by 1800w. I would expect the Craftsman brand to be of better quality and accuracy than a Harbor Freight Tools house brand.

craftsman vs. fluke clamp test :

I would love to see someone put a Cen-Tech up to a Fluke and post the results. Or I will just wait a few months until I graduate and can afford to buy a Fluke clamp.

the meter was not right ON THE PEAK HOLD! i didnt use that. even made sure i posted that because i watched this video a while ago. when it wasnt on it was closer even a lil less. an just like termlabs put them side by side an watch an b amazed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.