Chip mods?

what car?

dont get the $20 ebay chip. it's a fraud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

my chip was $300 and thats a base tune

prob a tuner is what you can do, look around some cavi forums, maybe try http://www.mantapart.com. Those ebay chips are a diode that hooks up to your air charge sensor to make the car think its cold outside all the time, it dumps more fuel to try to warm the car up faster, adds maybe a few horsepower at best and you will get worse fuel mileage ALL the time

The eBay chips are nothing more than a resister that gets wired into the MAP sensor. It tricks the MAP sensor, and makes the ECU throw more fuel into the engine.

And for a Cavalier, with an autotrajic transmision none the less, you can't do much as far as performance goes... Auto's and performance/going fast don't do hand in hand

I have friends who are capable of changing the tranny to a manual for ne next summer. i just need to pay for tranny and 100 to each of them. I will also get to help and learn what I can while they do it. Would this be worth it. would get tranny from junkyard.

2001 cavalier 2 door. 2.2L engine. 100,000 miles

x4.

you gotta know wtf is up and wtf you is doing

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i would try and find a different car, on offense. cavvys arent the ride i'd choose

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.