Check out what came today!

when i had a 2 volt preout with my rockford forsgate t1500-1bdcp it hummed a little bit, nothing that was even noticeable when sealed in the trunk. you literally need to be sitting right next to it to hear it. gain was inbetween the quarter and halfway point.
That makes me feel better. I really don't need some annyoing 'hmmmmmmm' the whole time I'm trying to bump..

Yeah, I've got RCAs to use on it...
I'm looking at Kenwood 900w RMS amp to overpower the sub I get by a little bit. It's input reqs are .2V-5V (Min-Max)

And if I overpower my sub, won't that help keep the hum quiet, because I won't have to crank the gain near as much?
A kenwood to overpower the sub?pa-lease...invest in something better..

OP you will be fine, if you get a humming noise it's not because of the output voltage. It is almost always a ground issue when you get ''engine'' noise. I would how ever research much more before spending any money on other equipment. You can get much better quality for slightly more money. It will just take a little longer to save but worth it in the long run.

lol I can't help but laugh at the people that play poorly recorded music and run budget equipment but then talk down because this deck has 2v outputs.

Yeah, I've got RCAs to use on it...
I'm looking at Kenwood 900w RMS amp to overpower the sub I get by a little bit. It's input reqs are .2V-5V (Min-Max)

And if I overpower my sub, won't that help keep the hum quiet, because I won't have to crank the gain near as much?
Don't buy a higher rated amp just because you're afraid of hum. Though, you're correct; getting a more powerful amp would allow you to set the gain lower, but if you get a quality amp, and do your install correctly, there will probably not be any noise at all. But like I said, if there is noise, getting a line driver(or a head unit with more powerful preouts) would fix the issue if the noise was gain related.

yeah he definately overexaggerated a bit lol. you shouldnt have any problems
Pfft, I said specifically that it might not even make noise. If it does end up being noticeable, a line driver would likely fix the issue. I never said his amps would drown his ears, or that noise was even a certainty.

OP you will be fine, if you get a humming noise it's not because of the output voltage. It is almost always a ground issue when you get ''engine'' noise. I would how ever research much more before spending any money on other equipment. You can get much better quality for slightly more money. It will just take a little longer to save but worth it in the long run.

lol I can't help but laugh at the people that play poorly recorded music and run budget equipment but then talk down because this deck has 2v outputs.
Truth. Only fools listen to poorly mastered music. I'll keep listening to my real music while the majority of the people we all know listen to butthole. About the noise, I was just letting him know a reason that people often go for 4V+. There are other reasons, such as less of a chance of clipping, but the noise from an amp can definitely be an issue, as I'm sure you know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.