Check engine light after head unit install 2011 Hyundai Sonata

giernachblut

Hello, this is the second time I've had this issue occur. The first time, I installed just my aftermarket head unit. The check engine light came on, my car sputtered here and there, and the next day my car refused to accelerate. I put the stock deck back in, brought it into Hyundai and they said I had a faulty MAP sensor, replaced it, and I was on my way. Now I decided to reattempt it, installed the head unit, amp, and a subwoofer and the check engine light is back. There is no sputtering, but the code came back as P0106, same problem as before. Everything is properly grounded and no wires were left loose so I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Hello, this is the second time I've had this issue occur. The first time, I installed just my aftermarket head unit. The check engine light came on, my car sputtered here and there, and the next day my car refused to accelerate. I put the stock deck back in, brought it into Hyundai and they said I had a faulty MAP sensor, replaced it, and I was on my way. Now I decided to reattempt it, installed the head unit, amp, and a subwoofer and the check engine light is back. There is no sputtering, but the code came back as P0106, same problem as before. Everything is properly grounded and no wires were left loose so I'm stumped. Any ideas?
They messed up the MAP sensor install?

I have similar problem but only when I install my capacitor I get a p0340. And when I uninstall the cap, the code goes away. Ive replaced the sensor (camshaft position) already and experience no symptoms of faulty sensor.

Please help us lol

install everything, and unplug the battery over-night. may do a re-learn after that. i suspect it is seeing abnormal load. how are the engine grounds? i've seen them pretty chinsy in cars like that.

Could be that you used a regular harness instead of the integration harness. This will happen if the wrong harness is not used. Especially in gm cars

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.