cheapest way to seal a lot of wood?

I am sure that paint wouldn't hurt the snake at all... Don't see why it would i mean all of our houses are covered in the stuff inside and out and we don't seem to mind...

I will have to look into it to be 100% sure but i am pretty sure it would be OK. I think the primer/paint will be my direction. I can do that for free, we have a bunch of left over paint at work taking up space...

Mortar it.
would that stick?

The only thing I am really looking to do is obviously keep the wood from soaking up moisture and rotting. I like the mortar idea, something to give it a more "outdoor" feel for the snake but I don't know anything about it. I don't want anything too rough that will scratch the **** out of it if he rubs up on it or anything like that...

Mortar is a no go...

pet store guy says "marine epoxy" or spray truck bed liner woudl work or just get a bunch of silicone and smear that all over the inside... not really cheap though.

He said the paint would work but that it would eventualy peel and bubble just like it does on houses over the years... The paint we use is like 40year paint so in this extreme environment i would say it should EASILY last a good 10+ years...

Made my decision... I am going to prime the wood (just because i have a bunch of it) then I am going to line the inside with that cheap plastic stuff you see in bathrooms sometimes... This idea came to me while dropping the cosby kids off at the city pool in my basement bathroom (with the plastic wall sh!t)

I am sure that paint wouldn't hurt the snake at all... Don't see why it would i mean all of our houses are covered in the stuff inside and out and we don't seem to mind...
I will have to look into it to be 100% sure but i am pretty sure it would be OK. I think the primer/paint will be my direction. I can do that for free, we have a bunch of left over paint at work taking up space...
You can't say just because it doesn't hurt us, it won't hurt the snake...that's kind of a ridiculous generalization. There's a lot of things that are completely harmless to us but 100% toxic to a snake.

It kind of sounds like you haven't done very much research on how to house a large snake. You should be asking these questions on a good snake forum, where people with experience can help you. You should really do more research before you do something that could possibly hurt/kill your snake.

Try this forum, I've been a member there for awhile, and they've helped me with a lot of stuff.

http://constrictors.com/forums/index.php

Mortar is a no go...
pet store guy says "marine epoxy" or spray truck bed liner woudl work or just get a bunch of silicone and smear that all over the inside... not really cheap though.

He said the paint would work but that it would eventualy peel and bubble just like it does on houses over the years... The paint we use is like 40year paint so in this extreme environment i would say it should EASILY last a good 10+ years...
Honestly, most pet stores are filled with people that absolutely no knowledge, and I wouldn't trust a **** thing they say.

wood sheathing for a house is NOT pressure treated. Go to Home Depot/Menards and find pressure treated wood. Normally has a green tint to it. Or you could look into 4x8 sheets of plastic laminate to line the enclosure.

I would think twice before using pressure treated wood. When you are at the lumber store try to find a unit of it with the handling warning still on it and you'll see why. The stuff is nasty toxic. They don't use sugar water to kill bugs for the 40 years it is rated for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.