Cheapest Sub/Amp Combination to hit high 150's/160's?

DB4Me
10+ year member

Gotta know as much as him
im in school still and i ahve one rockford power dvc sub with a shitty amp and its easily louder than anyone elses but thats not what im trying to achieve i want the cheapest subs/amps to be able to hit 160 any suggestions?

well it wont hit in the 160,s

but a pretty cheap setup is a jbl bp1200.1 amp (about 270)

and for subs, something like 2 perfects (300)

or 2 eclipses (450)

i've got the 2 perfects and 1200.1 amp

its pretty loud, I'm trying to find a place so I can go get it metered though

to hit 160 you would basically have to give up your car as a daily driver, and make a wall of subs, i have seen crazy setups that have trouble breaking 150. good luck....

its 70% install, 30% equipment. even **** subs can sound **** good.

possibly try n get the old shocker series II subs second hand, pay no more than around $150 for a 15 and stuff sub big power down them, possibly a harrison labs amp, a couple of mtx 8100D's from ebay, sumin like that, but anything over 150dB isnt a walk in the park.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.