Cheapest fiberglass materials?

best way to get brushes and gloves is a store called 'harbor freight' they sell 2" brushes @ 36 per box for like $10 - was getting my old brushes at the dollar store for buy one get one. thats $.50 per brush. this way is more like $.20 or $.30 (depending on tax and actual price)

and gloves can be had there too - a 50-PAIR box, not a 50-GLOVE box, double the amount that your local pepboys sells, for $3 less. (box costs $3 i believe)

other than that, ive only found two places that sell resin - autozone and pepboys, and autozone is closer to me, and its like $24-25 per gallon. and matte is like $3~5 per 8sq feet (or somthing) at pepboys.

personally. i ordered a roll of BIAXIAL matte\weave on ebay for $60 shipped. will last me forever. its equal to about 5 or 10 layers of that stuff at pepboys (if you do it right). but it soaks up a hell of alot of resin.

good luck. click on the picture in my sig for pictures of my fiberglassing project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.