Cheap subs

Tek
10+ year member

I'm a beginner at this and building my first system. I have a very limited budget, and I've been looking at subs for quite sometime. Are Bazooka and Lightning Audio good brands to go with? And there were some at circuit city made by a brand called Profile (which I've never seen before) called bajas-2 12" subs w/box and amp for $200. Thoughts?

Lightning are pretty good, profile amps can be good but my frined has one of their Baja's and it *****.

I would look on eBay and the internet for what you want. You can get subs and an amp for around 300 total that would KILL those Baja's.

Originally posted by Jmac Ummm, I don't know what subs you listened to, but Lightning sounds like **** to me ... loose, sloppy bass. Well, the Bolt series does, anyways, and those are the ones he's talking about (bright yellow, small magnets, extremely loose mechanical suspension)
Yes, that was my understanding when I heard them distort with 100 clean watts...I agree with sasquatch though, look around on ebay and if you have any questions about stuff feel free to ask //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Tek Yes, I was talking about the Bolt series. How about Bazookas? I saw two 12s for $100.
They're ok if you've never heard a pair of subwoofers before in your life, and if you're trying to go as cheap as you possibly can...so I wouldn't get them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lemme ask you though...are you looking for it to be really loud, or do you just want it to be pretty loud and still sound good?

If you're looking for about 100 bucks for 2 subs, then save your money. For about 50 bucks more you can get a nice 15 or save more money for 2 good 12's. Watch the auctions that elementaldesigns puts on ebay, just the other day someone got a new

e15a (the old series) for 80 bucks +shipping. They also auctioned off an RE for cheap.

If you MUST have subs NOW with that kinda budget, look for one or 2 good 10's that have been slightly used.

Adire Shiva - 12"

$125

guaranteed to beat out boththe subs u mentioned //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

yea definitely save ur money up cuz u will be surprised how much better a system could get when you just save a little more money up. there is a big diff between those lightning and baja subs and the next step up.

two words, FAT BOYs, trust me dude, they ****in loud, i have one 10'' of the older ones in 2000-01 with a 300watt amp powering it. it was one of the loudest i had. they pretty cheap too, i think ~70-90$ for a 10''.

FAT BOYS, they good for the money, n loud. bettre than overpaying for sony's, or some other brand

Whatever you do, don't get those yellow Lightning Audio subs from best buy(I work there, they ****), Don't get the Baja's from Circuit City, No Sony Xplod(red ones), and no MTX Thunder 4000's. A good cheap starter sub IMO would either be a JL 12W0, Alpine Type S 12, or the Shiva 12.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.