cheap sub.

DiamondAudioFan
10+ year member

Superior VIP Member
Me and my friends were thinking about going to best buy and getting one of those 40 dollar bolt subs. We are gonna blow the thing to the moon, i'm just wondering if it is worth the 60 bucks (including the warantee).

I think it's gonna be hilarious.

don't wanna pay shippin..

plus i get a warrantee that if i blow it for like 2 years, i get a brandy new one.

I'm thinkin i'm gonna blow like 13 of the bolt subs. especially when my friend gets his 1200.1 in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif :evil: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif :evil: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif :evil:

hey diamond you wont' get that far. i work at best buy and only employees can blow subs more than like 4 times in a year without them calling it customer abuse and corporate will call you telling you your warranty has been canceled.

adam

DARN!!! cuz i was gonna buy a Bolt 10, and power it w/ my 1kW amp.

we already blew a radio shack 10" speaker to peices. It was funny. lotsa smoke. fried the voice coil.

How long do you think that a bolt 10" would last with a 1000 watt amp? I have a Q-logic box for a 10 and i really want to use it.

all i want to do is blow the thing sky high. That's why i want to get a Bolt, and the best buy warantee. so i can just muder the things.

Plus i think that 1 300 watt peak 10" with 1000 watts going to it would be loud for like 10 mins.

What about the Baja subs from circuit city? they are just as cheap... but i do'nt know if htey make a ten.

why dotn you just use old original car speakers and melt them ive done it before not wth 1000 watts but like 300 smoke and all it was great this way you dont need to spend money just get them from your friends that have replaced them

yea, i can get 2 Mac Daddy 12" subs for around that price.. but i'm just messin around havin fun w/ my friends. That is the only reason that we are even considering doing this.

we're all a bunch of bored ass hicks up here in NH. :p

yeah i wouldn't know how long it would last. although i could buy one and tell ya if you'd like?? seeing as how i work at best buy they might let it slide by for a few weeks if i wanted to waste the money for like a week or 2 week period. or you could do it and just return it within 30 days. don't tell em you had that much power going to it if the guy looks at you like HOLY **** what did you do, just say your amp sent a clipped signal:D.

adam

Yeah, i don't think the poor sub would last 30 days w/ 1000 watts RMS going to it.. it's over 3 times the Rated Max Power of the subs. Although i did know someone who was running 900 watts to 2 of them and they lasted for a while.

I'm probly gonna go down and get one, so if i return it within 30 days they will just take it back? or do i have to buy that ****ed 20 dollar warantee?

why dotn you just use old original car speakers and melt them ive done it before not wth 1000 watts but like 300 smoke and all it was great this way you dont need to spend money just get them from your friends that have replaced them
we already did that, and the signal from the amp blows them before any music even goes through them. so we need a sub to make it last longer and actually play music,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.