Cheap replacement system

Participant count
  • Participant list

ENDER_XVICM
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
A friend of mine is looking to replace the stock speakers in his 1992 Nissan Altima. One back speaker is blown and the two up front are getting there. According to crutchfield it can take up to a 6.5" speaker. So our choices are not limited. He wants to do this as cheap as possible. He is looking for a quality set of speakers and something that wont need a sub to sound good. The budget for the speakers is $150 for all 4 speakers. There wont be an amp right away so everything will be running off the headunit. The HU is an older Pioneer with 22x4 RMS.

We were looking at alpines type S coax speakers.

I was also thinking of Rainbows Dreamline coax speakers but am not sure on pricing.

Can anyone suggest anything else that might meet his needs.

Thanks

my dad has 4 Pioneer Premier speakers running off a Pioneer HU and they sound good! Obviously a CD will sound better than the FM stations, but when a CD is on, these speakers really perform well, good midbass and good highs, not the best coaxils out there but for your budget they would do the trick!

heres what he has:

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3794_Pioneer+Premier+TS-A641P.html

Also consider Infinity Ref. coaxils, they go pretty cheap online and sound good as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.