Cheap HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

TWiZTiD859
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
I need a cheap HU for my moms car. Her stock one has not been able to play CDs for like a year now so she needs something to play her old Beatles CDs and whatever else she listens to lol. I really dont want any brand like Boss or Pyle or anything like that,so something like an older Pioneer low line HU or maybe lower end JVC/Clarion? I dont know,just post what you have and price. I dont care if its got a few scratches or scuffs just as long as its in decent shape and is mechaniclly 100%. I dont need it to have sub pre-outs and all that stuff cuz I doubt she will be adding a sub anytime soon lol. I would like to keep the price around 30ish shipped. Am I being a cheap azz? Does that make me a bad son? lol

I have a nice older Kenwood Excelon, plays CD's fine, has usb (out the back)... Had good crossovers and time alignment, but an internal ground fault on the pre-amp outs makes them very noisy. Can't vouch for the speaker level outs....never used them and I'm assuming they're fine. 30$ shipped, 30+ shipping if you want the remote as well (remote works with my new Kenwood).

I have a nice older Kenwood Excelon, plays CD's fine, has usb (out the back)... Had good crossovers and time alignment, but an internal ground fault on the pre-amp outs makes them very noisy. Can't vouch for the speaker level outs....never used them and I'm assuming they're fine. 30$ shipped, 30+ shipping if you want the remote as well (remote works with my new Kenwood).
What model is it? And do you have any pics? The problem with the pre-outs isnt a big concern since I wont be using any external amps with this HU. It will only be used for the radio and cd player and just hooked up to the stock speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.