Cheap DD Replicas

do they use rope and ca glue to put it together like DEEE DEEE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
*laughs*

I dunno... the only problems I saw were the spider landing and triple joint glues. And those were each on only 1 out of 4 subs (2 had glue issues, 2 didn't).

The cone is stronger than the DD standard paper cone... surround is also stitched to the cone, so thats a good touch.

Seems like a good cheap SPL sub... I wouldn't call them the cure for cancer or anything, that retarded high Fs is going to hurt them for daily usage. But hey, people seem to like the 40 Hz tuned DD box type subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

eh.. we will see how they do.. jacob- you said the g recone will drop in?
It should... the sub has the same basket and, as far as I can tell, the motor is spot on measurement wise to the 9500 motor. Should just drop right into this sub... I doubt they were brave enough to actually change anything important about the design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

On the amps, it has a frequency response of 47 hz - 250 hz. Does that mean it won't amplify anything below 47 hz? Or does that have nothing to do with it?

The price on the amps scares me... build cost on a decent amp in that power range is higher than what they are asking. Even at full container quantities the Konaki would have to be taking excessively low margins, not to mention that the distributor has to be making some money too. I don't see them being very good... they might do 1/2 the rated power, that I would believe.

woow,, dude, got any pics of the actual cone? they look sexy and 150$???!?? this is a good find
Didn't take any photos... the front is a black "weave" of some kind, back is paper pulp. Dust cap is flat plastic with their logo on it.

Hm, I want a motor so I can make it an 18". Waiting on more reviews. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.