Cheap DD Replicas

What car?
It was a Ford Expedition. I helped Justin do the whole install in one day before the show //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I suspect it had more in it with tuning, as very little tuning was done, but he did wreck and total the vehicle shortly after so we won't know.

We did pop off a few spiders, though, hehe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It was a Ford Expedition. I helped Justin do the whole install in one day before the show //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I suspect it had more in it with tuning, as very little tuning was done, but he did wreck and total the vehicle shortly after so we won't know.
We did pop off a few spiders, though, hehe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ummm. On the spider noise. (I know it will GREATLY depend on enclosure and freq played. But if you had to guess at what power does it start making the noise for daily. I think I have a few friends that might want to use them

Oh yeah and if fixing doing the epoxy upgrade. Any particular type? and do they need to remove the suspension or can they just ad epoxy along the tome of the ring (sorry really dont' know a lot about recones and speaker parts)

man theres like 40 pages on these things, i might have one coming into my possesion soon, if i can ask without getting flamed anyone have a suggestion for a single one of these on 1200 watts box wise so i can go ahead and get something together,

thanks

man theres like 40 pages on these things, i might have one coming into my possesion soon, if i can ask without getting flamed anyone have a suggestion for a single one of these on 1200 watts box wise so i can go ahead and get something together,thanks
My 15" Konaki got really loud and didnt sound so bad (To me) tuned to 40 hz, but my 12" didnt sound so swell in comparison tuned to 32 hz . Yea, the 12" got loud, but..... maybe because of the size difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Oh, both my Konaki's were given 2500 watts give or take from a kx 2500.1 at 2 ohms, I couldnt tell you what they will sound like on 1200 watts, I bet they would still get loud though.

Oh yeah and if fixing doing the epoxy upgrade. Any particular type? and do they need to remove the suspension or can they just ad epoxy along the tome of the ring (sorry really dont' know a lot about recones and speaker parts)
A buddy suggested I go to Wally World and pic up some 2 part epoxy when i popped the spiders off my Konaki 15", I went there and found some 2500 psi 2 part epoxy for $2.88.

I used that to repair it, and its good to go as of now. I was never able to pop the spiders on my 2 12" konaki's, but I never beat on them as hard as I did the 15" one either.

I added the epoxy to the spider landing, I think thats what its called, the part where the spider attaches to the basket.

I had my oldest daughter hold up the soft parts as I went all along the landing with the epoxy, then I pushed down the spider onto the epoxy, it locked up tight as soon as contact was made.

I held it down for a bit, took it down to my basement and pulled the lead weights out of a set of ankle weights I have, I placed 4 of the weights around the spider to apply pressure.

I left it that way for 2 days. Like I said, its good now.

I'm a konaki dealer. there not bad subs at all. I put a american bass 120.1 on one in a ported pre fab box 3 cuft and it hit low 150's . We were extremely impressed. That was about 6 months ago and hes still beating hard.I also tried there amps ko3633D http://konaki.com/classd.html definatly worth the money we pushed two JBL W12GTi's 1.5 ohms stayed cool pounded good and clean for a class D.

you dont have to believ me , im not here for reputation. I'm just helping out with a decision . AND YES IT WAS 151.2 WITH A AUDIO CONTROL METER. in a 94 honda civic
yes, audiocontrol, with the sensitivity cranked.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

yes, audiocontrol, with the sensitivity cranked.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
You don't know that. Never judge spl without seeing it unless it is something like I did 180db with one 12... Honestly that score is VERY possible on an audiocontrol. Besides build quality with same power should be as loud as a DD. And are you telling me a DD can't break a 151 with that power on an AC

you dont have to believ me , im not here for reputation. I'm just helping out with a decision . AND YES IT WAS 151.2 WITH A AUDIO CONTROL METER. in a 94 honda civic
Did you use the 15 or the 12 for that ? do you know the specs of the prefab box such as tuning? and old A/c or new. Still pretty impressive honestly. And do you have an email/aim/aol to contact ya at. you can PM me for that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.