Changer Installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

HUFF
10+ year member

I currently have an RF Sony changer which of course runs through my FM radio. I'm thinking about getting another Sony changer with a direct link to my head unit so it won't have to read from my FM frequency. Is this a relatively easy install and what must I do? I don't like the sound quality RFs give. Thanks.

Originally posted by bean What kind of head unit do you have. Can you also give the model numbers of the changers.
Head Unit = Sony Xplode CDX-L600X

Current Changer = Sony CDX454RF

Wanted Changer = Sony CDX656

Thanks.

Look at your current changer. How many wires are coming out of it? Should be just one, I think. That wire will plug directly into the back of your deck. But the new one will give you CD text.

Sony does make a piece that allows you to connect two changers to one head unit. It's about $150, if you wan I'll find you a model number.

Originally posted by bean Look at your current changer. How many wires are coming out of it? Should be just one, I think. That wire will plug directly into the back of your deck. But the new one will give you CD text.

Sony does make a piece that allows you to connect two changers to one head unit. It's about $150, if you wan I'll find you a model number.
So in theory I should be able to unplug this wire from the back of my current changer, mount the new changer, and plug the wire into the new changer?? Or is this wire coming from the changer itself and I have to take my deck out to switch changers?? I didn't know they sold 'changer connectors', but what would be the point of having 2 changers? Thanks.

Originally posted by HUFF  

So in theory I should be able to unplug this wire from the back of my current changer, mount the new changer, and plug the wire into the new changer?? Or is this wire coming from the changer itself and I have to take my deck out to switch changers?? I didn't know they sold 'changer connectors', but what would be the point of having 2 changers? Thanks.
Yes you could unplug and plug in the new changer. However it would still be FM modulated. You will need to take the deck out, and seriously do I need to explain the benefit of two changers?

LOL. 24 cds is a bit much. So I just take my deck out, unlug the RF cable and plug the new changer in? So does that mean I have to run at least one cable through my car. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.