Change head unit to AVIC-D3 and keep toys?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Markmysite

Indy
Hello all. I am debating whether or not to change my head unit out in my 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Limited. I have the 7 speaker Infinity system in it now. I plan to upgrade to the Intermezzo package by buying the 385w amp and the subwoofer and housing package. My main concerns is how well the Metra AXXESS CHTO-02 kit (or others) will work with all my toys in the car.

I am concerned with these things/options: Navigation, Sirius Sat Radio, UConnect, Steering Wheel radio controls, rear view camera, adding a rear monitor, using factory amp or going with a new one, re-using the factory DVD for the Nav disk in my Pioneer AVIC unit. Please review these questions and comment on them if you have gone through the CAN bus leap to switch out your stock system.

Which wiring adapter kit should I go with?

How well will it work with the aftermarket radio?

Will my UConnect feature still work through the speakers?

Can you use the factory Nav, with voice through your speakers?

Do your steering wheel controls work (not sure if they do with the Metra kit CHTO-02, or if I also need to get their ASWI kit too)?

I should be able to hook up my rear view camera right? What if I wanted that display to stay in the dash and not show up on the AVIC?

Will my existing stock Sirius radio adapter that's located in the storage/jack area in the back work with the AVIC-D3 head unit?

What about the amp? Do I have to stay with the stock 385w amp and use the Metra kit to make it work? I'm assuming I need to use a stock amp to have the ability to use all the above things right?

My Pioneer head unit has an ability to control the subwoofer volumes through the interface... does the Metra Kit let you use it though?

Thanks for your feedback if you've been through this before. I don't want to recreate the wheel......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.