Cerwin Vega

Just to add on - Strong little motors on them badboys... all things considered.
CV before 2000 (iirc) is more then worthwhile. After 2000 (iirc) their products have not impressed me.

Have you tried the IT series? I think they've been produced aft 2000 and I can telll you first hand that they are quite impressive in the correct sealed enclosure. Hell, I think they are still available now. I miss them from the mid 90s when the XL subs were everywhere. Remember Vanilla Ice? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Have you tried the IT series? I think they've been produced aft 2000 and I can telll you first hand that they are quite impressive in the correct sealed enclosure. Hell, I think they are still available now. I miss them from the mid 90s when the XL subs were everywhere. Remember Vanilla Ice? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
Rofl @ Vanilla Ice... and thats a Yes, I remember.

I've never owned the IT line... but did catch a couple of demos @ the Local Auth Dealer for CV... I didn't like them much.

I believe yah though... I'm just not much of a fan since they were 'bought-out' or what have you...

Rofl @ Vanilla Ice... and thats a Yes, I remember.
I've never owned the IT line... but did catch a couple of demos @ the Local Auth Dealer for CV... I didn't like them much.

I believe yah though... I'm just not much of a fan since they were 'bought-out' or what have you...

Haven't had any dealings with the newest stuff, but for the money you can find these things for, I believe they are a good catch. Who bought them out BTW?

Haven't had any dealings with the newest stuff, but for the money you can find these things for, I believe they are a good catch. Who bought them out BTW?
Beginning of last summer I came across a closeout of the Vega Vega line... picked up (6) 124's @ $60 a piece. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I honestly dont remember the details...

Something to the effect of Big Euro Co. bought them out of bankruptcy... hence no new products for a few years. Now, all the restructure & designs have been popping up over the last couple of years.

e.g.- the CV amp's were supposed to be big new in '99... but didn't really hit the market till '01 ish(?)..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.