Cerwin Vega vs. Audiobahn

As far as ported sound goes, get the cerwin vega. If you want true SQ put the audiobahn in a sealed box. Paper will always result in more accurate reproductio than plastic, hence most pro audio speakers being made of paper. If all you want is to shake your neighbors windows, then go with the cerwin vega ported. It will last longer in that application.
w7s and w6v2s have "plastic" or synthetic cones.

zing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

I had the Vega in a sealed enclosure. It got pretty **** loud and sounded pretty good but power handling in the lower octaves was a bit disappointing (the whole purpose of a sealed enclosure). That shouldn't pose a problem with a ported enclosure tuned at the recommended tuning frequency (33hz, 30 for the 15"). It should get very loud in a ported enclosure. Dont know anything about the Audiobahn.

w7s and w6v2s have "plastic" or synthetic cones.
Im not trying to say that synthetic cones are not good.They have a much longer life and can handle much more abuse but in this case it is what makes the audiobahn better at reproduction of natural untainted sound. That is what sq means. Im not comparing this very inexpensive sub to a w7. I have heard both subs and the audiobahn sounds much cleaner. This topic was about comparing two lower models of subs and that is what did. In the area of bang for your buck the cerwin would definitely win, but in sq its just not as good imo.

gow ith the vegas, ive had a vmax before...sweet sub...

pissed i ever gave it to my brother who took it to colorado //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

oh well...ive got a powerbass extreme 12" on the way so yeaaaa

i'm probably going to hear some crap about this, but i have two audiobahn awt12x's that i had in my old car and i gotta say, they impressed me a good deal. especially for only seeing 1200 watts a piece when they're rated at 2000rms, they would pound plenty hard, and didn't sound bad at all.

now, i'm not going to say that audiobahn is good, or that you should choose them over anything else, but i can't say that i agree with all the audiobahn is crap statements you see on these boards. they're just.........not the best...by far, but believe me, you CAN do worse. my system beat quite a few, some of which i thought should be louder than mine.

take it as you will...

if u come online and ask about things like audiobahn, people will jump on the bandwagons and start to talk **** without even hearing them. i had a pair of audiobahn 12's and they were decent subs, heck, for $100 a sub what more can i ask for?? if you dont care and u just want bass, IMO audiobahn is the best, but if ur like most of the people here, including me, id save up a couple more bucks and go for something respectable.

I can't say alot but, I have a pair of 1200Q's getting only 500RMS each and they are better than anything else I've had.. but that's compairing them to some old RFZ1412's which were really low end... but I love my new bahns.. can't beat them for 150 with shipping for both.. got htem in a sealed box about .8 cf. truck wedge box.. sound good to me.. and everyone else who hears it.. even a guy who said he has a w6 said mine sound better..

but no experience with CV's

By no means does any audiobahn sound better than a w6, and if it does its an install error. Im sorry not trying to bash audiobahn, but i had to come in when you said that!

By no means does any audiobahn sound better than a w6, and if it does its an install error. Im sorry not trying to bash audiobahn, but i had to come in when you said that!
I agree that 1200Q are not as good as a w6, but have you ever heard a any AWT or compression piston or ALUM series sub. w7 beats them all but not a w6.

I agree that 1200Q are not as good as a w6, but have you ever heard a any AWT or compression piston or ALUM series sub. w7 beats them all but not a w6.

I own an ALUM12q woofer and I have to disagree!!! It gets VERY loud and has DECENT SQ but it wouldn't beat out a w6 in SQ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.