cerwin vega vmax need opinions

JCivicHb
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Denver
does anyone have an opinions on these subs? the 15 inch version?? i might buy 2 for 70 bucks a peice, but they say that they are only 400 watts rms. can they take more? specifically a jbl bp 1200 for two of them??

Cerwin vega is a very respectable company, and they always underrate their products. You should have any problems. It should get pretty loud. What car is this going in, and what kind of box.

Now that u mention that youll be running it in a sealed box, you really shouldnt have any problems, not that you would have in the ported anyways. Should get loud, and low. Good luck

Yea, I have also heard good things about the new '05 CV V-max!

I have a old school CV 'Vega' 15" off about 400w/3 cu.ft. ported box in a H.C. Hatch. Been running it since 99 with no problems! Definately 1 very Loud and Low sub, for sure!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif They were used in dB Drag back in the day.

they are loud and efficient but they WILL NOT handle much more than their rated power. The upside is it takes half the power my Diamond M6 takes to drive at the same volume. SQ is good not great. I was able to bottom out my 10" VMAX with 250 watts of power. the speaker is rated at 200 watts rms and that seemed dead on. They are definately worth the money.

CW2.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.