Cerwin Vega powered sub

jonty rees

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 7, 2019
tulum, mexico
Hi - after many years of just going with stock systems, I'm putting a toe back in the aftermarket car stereo water. I have a 2010 Nissan Pathfinder with an underwhelming Bose system, so I just ordered a Cerwin Vega H6TE10SV powered sub. It was cheap, so I don't have great expectations, but at least it does weigh 35lbs, and CV has done me well in the past. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience with these - there are hardly any reviews on them online. Also, the power and ground connectors appear to be the phone jack type - anyone ever come across that before?

OP
J

jonty rees

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 7, 2019
tulum, mexico
Sub arrived yesterday, and it looks like a solid piece of gear. Nicely finished, hefty, hardware seems good, esp for the price.

Question is, does anyone know where the best place is to take the signal from in a 2010 Pathfinder with a Bose stock system? There is a small stock dual 5" sub setup in the cargo area, and I could get the signal from the speaker wires going to that, but would I be better off trying to find the low level inputs to the Bose amp? I think Bose does some weird bass roll off as volume increases, so I'd like to get a signal before that happens.

OP
J

jonty rees

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 7, 2019
tulum, mexico
For high level inputs you want pre amplified signal.
Thanks - the amp has both RCA and speaker level inputs, so I'm trying to figure out which would be best to use in my case. It's weird, but I've had a home theater sub that was way better off speaker level inputs, and I'm also pretty sure they'll be easier to access in my car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds