Certain notes dont have output?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Been a while since i have been on, had a question on some frequency output. Systems 2 fi x 15s on a scv 2000d and pioneer 7700bt in a tahoe. Box was designed by cscstang. Just looking for opinions where to look with certain notes not playing like they should. Specifically as in the lower note on yo gotti-i got em. Just weird that the system plays 50 hz loud and 25hz nice but is just weak there. Just looking as to what can cause that. Box SHOULD be at 33 hz. Maybe something went wrong but figured if so it wouldnt play beautiul everywhere else. Thanks

It's likely you tuned too low and wound up with a frequency response something like this:

bactriancamel.png

Really if you don't know precise box dimensions and don't have some sort of meter to actually graph out your frequency response a little more precisely any answer you get here will be guessing and speculation.

Your easiest shot to "fix" this will be to play around with location and aiming of the box assuming you can move it or flip it to face different directions. That might make dramatic difference in response.

Sometimes its the recording. Try playing with a tone generator and start at 25Hz and step up 1 at at time until 50Hz. If all tones play correctly it's the recording not the box.

Thanks for the input, no way to move around its designed as subs up port to the hatch. She lays across side to side and up to the top of the back seats 9 cubes internal. Just figured id give it a shot. I will say though that cscstang did a nice job with the numbers overall im happy. Just thought it was weird that that area of note was kinda weak. Never ran into that before. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.