CDT's just don't sound good.

Vecticus
10+ year member

Dubstepper
Can't seem to get my CDT HD 61's to sound as good as my old '06 set of Type R components. No matter how much I adjust my eq' they just sound like total ****. Way too much bass which in turn doesn't allow me to play them as loud as I want. I would ask for suggestions on a different set but I thought asking around (which led to the CDT"s) would be a good idea from the start.

Completely new setup. What I have was better than my previous setup. Just doesn't sound better. I really want to get a Mic in the car to set everything but nobody has those now a days. I called every "big shot" audio shop from New Orleans to Baton Rouge and nobody has a RTA set up.

Meh, my entry level CDTs sound pretty good on my eD 9.4. I wouldn't say there's too much bass at all, though they do bottom out if I have them on more than 100w. Maybe it's your Kenwood amp? You don't have bass boost on them right? And you can't just turn down the bass on the EQ?

try adjusting the bass a bit the hd [ high definition ] components are pretty nice ,but you cant use the same settings as the alpines, you'll have to adjust then accordingly

Are you not able to EQ the bass out or use a higher crossover point? Certainly your HU has a HP crossover for the door speakers. And I'm sure your amp has one as well. Just adjust them accordingly so that you're able to crank them without having to worry about too much bass muddying everything up.

hey Vecticus,

Which tweeters came with those CDT's?

I use to own the drt25 which i didn't like at all.

Are you useing the headunit x-over with the amps x-over?

Have you learn how to set your gains on your amp?

You might need to start all over from the start by turning off both x-over on the head unit & amp.

If you have a EQ then set it to flat to start as well.

Can't seem to get my CDT HD 61's to sound as good as my old '06 set of Type R components. No matter how much I adjust my eq' they just sound like total ****. Way too much bass which in turn doesn't allow me to play them as loud as I want. I would ask for suggestions on a different set but I thought asking around (which led to the CDT"s) would be a good idea from the start.
I would actually say its your HU, i have the same exact set of CDTs in my truck. When i installed an eclipse cd8455 for some reason my tweeters got real quiet and my mids were just going way to hard for them to keep up. No matter what i did to the EQ my tweets still sounded weak and my mids overbearing. I just went back to my cda-105. They mix very well on it, dont really adjust the band at all lol

Not sure why but my eclipse just didnt sound right, i think its the non adjustable crossovers that come with the set. I needed a +3db setting for them with that HU. Cuz my 61s on my alpine sound AMAZING, had several friends say its like hearing music live. Which i take as a pretty big complement

I had a HD-61 set in the past with the HD-1 tweeters and thought that the midbass was great but the tweeters were really lacking... Picked up an Alpine SPX-17REF set and couldn't be happier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.