CDT Tweeter Q...

Participant count
  • Participant list

beachboy016
10+ year member

So I have type r comps for front, 5.25, and coax 5.25 type r for rear waiting to be installed. From what I have heard I am expecting to be dissapointed by the tweeter (but we will see) I was thinking about either adding in CDT tweeters

(the CDP-10LP imaging kit- meaning i have 4 tweeters in front right? would this be too much high? also could I mount the type r tweeters by the comps and the CDT's towards where the windshield meets the roof to have them pointing at me with this kit?)

or replacing the type r tweeters directly with the CDT-1 tweeters. Which do you think would be best? (Amp=JBL 80/4 car=89 jeep cherokee with speakers in doors)

Maybe option 3, sell type r coaxs, put type r comps in rear with tweeters sitting off to the side, buy type x comp for front.

In my opinion, too much tweeter is a bad thing.

I wouldn't even consider more than one pair of tweeters in my ride, but that's my personal taste. Just try a few different setups with what you have and see if you can make it sound good to your ears in both the back and front seats. I find that using double sided tape works well when playing with tweeter positions, that way you can try a lot of different things before screwing them down. A good rule of thumb for tweeters is that they should be no higher than eye level, no lower than elbow level (unless in a directional kick panel or door enclosure) and no closer than 30" from the listener's ear.

replace those type r's tweeter with the cdt audio tweeter. after that..you can send me the sweeters so i can blow them up!:p

Yap, you should simply replace the alpine tweeter with the cdt audio tweeter. Having more than one pair of tweeters is almost never a good idea. It might seem a good idea, but results are in 99% very disapointing.

It could work if both pair of tweeters were exactly the same, though (2xpair of CDT tw).

My 2 cents.

should i get the imaging kit that comes with that adjuster knob for attenuation or should I just get the normal soft dome tweeters. Also, how much nicer are the deluxe soft dome tweeters? Both the normal and deuluxe would work and be powered sufficiently by the power the type r tweeters were getting from the JBL 80/4 amp right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.