CDT Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
I don't think cdt's soft dome tweeters are too bright.
I have the DRT20 3/4" soft dome and its extremely bright. I called and talked to CDT and their suggestion was to move it closer to the mid in order to get it to blend. I had it on the Ex-560CDiEX crossover at the lowest setting. Don't get me wrong, I love CDT, just not the tweeters. I guess I am just used to a warmer silk dome tweeter.

I have the DRT20 3/4" soft dome and its extremely bright. I called and talked to CDT and their suggestion was to move it closer to the mid in order to get it to blend. I had it on the Ex-560CDiEX crossover at the lowest setting. Don't get me wrong, I love CDT, just not the tweeters. I guess I am just used to a warmer silk dome tweeter.
Are the CDT tweets textile? I also prefer silk.

Are the CDT tweets textile? I also prefer silk.
The DRT20 is a silk dome. Thats why I got them. I actually opted out of the TW26 (Soft Fabric) for the DRT20. But these things are bright as hell.

DRT-20
3/4” Soft Dome Tweeter Ferro fluid cooling

Technical specs and contents
  • 1 pr 20mm silk dome tweeter drivers w/neo charged magnet structure
  • 1 pr flush mount housings w/hardware
  • 1 pr angled flush mount rings
  • 1 pr flat surface mount cups
  • 1 pr angled surface mount cups
  • Swivel Surface and flush mounts
  • Cooled by ferro fluid
  • Frequency response: 2000Hz-20,000Hz
  • Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 92.5dB
  • Flush mount hole: 1 �”
  • Flush mount depth: �”
  • Flush cup OD: 1 14/16”

Last edited:
I have the drt26 and I feel like it’s not enough😳

Whats your setup? I tend to lean towards SQ now that I am older
They sound great, don’t get me wrong. And I don’t want bright in my face tweeters. I paired them with a set of Infinty kappa perfect comps. The crossovers with that set are huge. I tried the ex560edix and they were fine but they have the tweeter protection that I did not like. I’m running about 300 watts per side to my comps and they have yet to cut out with the kappa xovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...