CDT mids/highs. Thoughts.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mck76

CarAudio.com Newbie
Curious to thoughts on CDT speakers. I've been seriously looking at Sound Integrity mids/highs 6.5/3/1 for running active. I had completely forgotten CDT then remembered a friend had some several years back. They actually sounded nice though on passive and probably not the cleanest of power. I never heard them when he bumped up to JL amps.
Thoughts on them for sq minded system? Imagine tweeter looks interesting but can't see using 2 pair of highs. I've run mid bass, two mid range and a tweeter each side ant the tweeters sensitivity was enough to keep up.
Any one with personal experience with them or amount of time listening to them chime in. I've heard audiophile to basic. That's a very broad spectrum of view point. Thanks in advance.

How they sound all depends on the series you are listening to (ES, HD, CL etc). I’ve heard pretty much every single set and product they have in so many installs I lost count 😂. Which line are you interested in or better yet what are you looking to spend? I see you wanna go 3 way active, will you be running the midbass’s sealed in fiberglass enclosures, in kicks, in the doors IB or? what about the midrange and tweeter?

I like the HD and ES. Probably ib in the doors and a pillar mid bass/tweeter. I don't rule out an enclosure for the door... I'll have a blank canvas. $ wise SI tweeters are 200, mids 280 and mid bass 400 so that can give you a ball park. 1k for front stage is very doable.
Appreciate the input 👌

Two options for midbass:

ES-6, these will have decent midbass output and in a 3 way setup, will add solid depth. These will work IB or in an enclosure.

ES-06, these are the revised versions of the ES-07’s from back in the day with orange baskets. These are capable of even more midbass output, depth you can feel, and are incredibly accurate even if letting them play to 4khz. The negative here is these suckers are deep at almost 3”. They will work IB or in an enclosure.

Midrange:

ES-03, these are warm midranges with a pretty wide range. They sound best when sealed imo.

tweeter options:

ES-010, these suckers are smooth, laid back but detailed. If you are a fan of a silk dome, this is the one!

HSD-1WG, if you are after something that is more in your face, these fit the bill nicely. These little guys can get very loud but are still very nice sounding and accurate. Can easily be tuned to dial them back to liking. I personally love these but for an all out sq setup I’d definitely choose the ES-010.

all these drivers would work perfectly with 50w or more of input power.

Cdt has always been quality. Other than at shows ice rarely seen them. Local shops don't stock them

The stereo integrity tweeter is out of stock till end of year so that's one consideration. They are coming out with an 8inch midbass in 2023 as well.

Audiofrog would be around your price range the gs60 and gs10 would be an amazing pair up for that price range 3way I believe would exceed 1k but a bit

For an active set up, I'd definitely consider CDT. There are tons of options when going active - Scan Speak, Seas, Dayton, SB Acoustics. I like Dynaudio and Morel. SI and Audiofrog are certainly worthy contenders and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. In that price range everything is good quality.

For the Price point..CDT are hard to beat. Image Dynamics are another contender in my opinion.Infinity Kappa is another. I use an external EQ to tune on the fly. I have the Orange Basket ES 6.5s and they are a little deep and sound really good on some power/The HD series are excellent as well with some power.Briax set are amazing and great vocal response with that space saving for the bracket for the highs,pretty clean. CL series ar pretty much entry level and do not handle a whole lot and are still very decent for the budget minded and worth the money.Just like any door speaker/pods ect A-pillar. Its all about location and door treatments and direction to make any speaker sound at its best. I enjoy all mine thus far and recommend to buy. I really like the ES and HD line up

For the Price point..CDT are hard to beat. Image Dynamics are another contender in my opinion.Infinity Kappa is another. I use an external EQ to tune on the fly. I have the Orange Basket ES 6.5s and they are a little deep and sound really good on some power/The HD series are excellent as well with some power.Briax set are amazing and great vocal response with that space saving for the bracket for the highs,pretty clean. CL series ar pretty much entry level and do not handle a whole lot and are still very decent for the budget minded and worth the money.Just like any door speaker/pods ect A-pillar. Its all about location and door treatments and direction to make any speaker sound at its best. I enjoy all mine thus far and recommend to buy. I really like the ES and HD line up
I ran ID years ago and loved them. The entire interior is getting layered in damping material, floor, sides, doors, firewall (done) and roof. It is a project build and getting close to the audio stage. Going to run a Helix Dsp(still open to debate) to control the frequency and alignment. Looking 50/75w highs and mids and 100/125+w on the mid bass. Getting the speakers positioned is key as you said. I've had to rethink a system before and getting it right was day and night. 👍

I ran ID years ago and loved them. The entire interior is getting layered in damping material, floor, sides, doors, firewall (done) and roof. It is a project build and getting close to the audio stage. Going to run a Helix Dsp(still open to debate) to control the frequency and alignment. Looking 50/75w highs and mids and 100/125+w on the mid bass. Getting the speakers positioned is key as you said. I've had to rethink a system before and getting it right was day and night. 👍
Ive ripped out my SPL build in my truck a few months back now and have a temp setup atm. I am planing another SPL set up and rebuilding and will be using and testing out different speakers on the front stage I have Lying around and amps to see whats going to do well with a different set up on the sub stage. Trial and error and should be fun.Ill later go back to a SQ/Loud type set up .. if that actually exist..LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...