cdt components cutting out

Participant count
  • Participant list

aznblueeboi
10+ year member

Orlando
i just installed some cdt cl-61 components and when i turn up the volume they keep cutting out. then i tried turning up the volume...but lowered the bass on the HU and everything works fine. imm powering them with an amp thats only 40rms per channel and they are 90 rms. could that be the problem? it only happens when the bass starts to hit. i'm going to try bridging one channel later to see if it fixes it...

i just tried bridging them and they still cut out...the thing is i know its not loose connection because BOTH speakers cut out at same times...and one time i was looking at them with the door panel off. but how is it that the crossovers or wutever could make them cut out??

and they still cut out at high volumes/bass hitting

the amp is still on when it cuts out...i doubt its protection mod cuz it happens when the amp is first turned on too so it cant be overheating or whatever...

any ideas though??

THANKS!

Yeah I think your amp is definately going into protection mode. It doesn't matter how long the amp's been on because it's not cutting out because it's getting too hot.

Put to use the suggestions above and see what happens.

Yeah I think your amp is definately going into protection mode. It doesn't matter how long the amp's been on because it's not cutting out because it's getting too hot.
Put to use the suggestions above and see what happens.

nm...fixed it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.