Participant count
  • Participant list

wags
10+ year member

Prime Minister of Funk
Application: Rear fill in a 99 Grandam Gt

Powered by: Hifonics Zx6400

My reaction:

Well, I haven't tweaked it completely yet, but so far I can say that the highs and the upper mids are spectacular(I'm running just my rear speakers right now because they sound so much better than my front audiobahns that I'm soon to replace with CL-61A's). The lower end leaves much to be desired (but I may have to work on my xover some more - its 7 degrees out so everything is done in haste). Low end on the speakers shouldn't be bothered with because its not meant for it and it doesn't sound good. Midbass is alright but nothing to brag about being that the coax is 40 watts rms so you can't expect too much. However, overall if given proper wattage, it sounds great coming from the rear. I'm sure I would feel more midbass if they were up front, but I have bigger plans for that.

For rear fill on a budget, I would most definately recommend them. If you're REALLY on a budget for front speakers, I would go for them - but I personally need something with more power for whats hitting me in front.

I basically got these as great SQ rear fill that can handle an ok amt of power but won't be overkill behind me and that's precisely what it is being deemed the 'perfect rear fill speakers' I also have to double check to see if they're out of phase too being my friend cut off the markings on my wiring //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Soon to come: my review of the CL-61A, will the wrong paint take away from performance? We'll see.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

wags

10+ year member
Prime Minister of Funk
wags
too close to Detroit , MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies