CDT CL-61A vs CL-S60A...

Looking at woofersetc.com the CL-S60 set has an upgraded tweeter (tw-24) from the standard CL-61A set (tw-19). It was my understanding that many people who were ordering this CL-S60 set were gettting the CL-61a with the tw-24 tweeter because Woofersetc.com were sold out of the s60 set. If this is the case and you get the CL-61a set with upgraded tweeter, you are making out.

I think the mid/woofer is the same on both sets, maybe just an older model or something. Pretty decent set for the money either way.

they are the same set except they use different size tweeters. They are different than the normal CL-62 which is the regular set which uses the tw-25 and uses the 480 or 450 crossover, the sets asked about use the 400 crossover which reduces overall power handling. Also the midrange used in the 60 and 61 are the CL-6e woofer which is different than the CL-6 woofer. CL-6e has the phase plug which does offer slightly different response than the CL-6 which does not have a phase plug. For the price you can get the CL-60 and 61 its a steal and not much in that same price range can match it but also on the other hand its not offering the potential of the CL-62 series has.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.