CDA-9887 vs CDA-7949

faddii

I posses an alpine CDA-7949 tha I want to hook up to my car but at the same time I found a deal for a *Demo* alpine CDA-9887 + Imprint + installation for $210 out of the door. I am Debating between the two here and the deal i was offered. Please advice!

I will be using my Ipod Touch for all of my music. Would there be a difference between the sound quality coming off both? a lot of reviews compare the CDA-7949 just below the alpine F1 line.

I will be using my Ipod Touch for all of my music. Would there be a difference between the sound quality coming off both? a lot of reviews compare the CDA-7949 just below the alpine F1 line.
Honestly, I don't know the answer....just know that is quite a sweet deal on the 9887! It is a very solid HU, esp for going active.

Thanks peeps. Looks like I will be gearing for the 9887. From what I found out is that I have one year warranty from the date of installation even though it is a demo model.

This would be the old vs. new question. Out of the gate and no processing, the 7949 should sound better. How much better, who knows. Remember the 7949 was considered a pretty close to the flagship model at the time. This is also when many say alpine put out their best sounding and cleanest voltage decks. It is going to be hard to be all the processing that you are getting with the 9887 and that is a newer deck.

I have tested out the CDA-7949 and it plays original cd fantastic, the sound quality is pure. It can play certain CD-R but I ride low so I want to avoid cds and use ipod instead. It is tough to decide specially knowing the 9887 is also one of the tops hehe. My mind going yes and no.

7949 is dated and probably not going to be able to be repaired due to Alpine not really supporting legacy units much anymore. Also you cannot play alot of CD-r's on it and Also it will not play MP3 data. The 7949 was a great unit back in the day but the 9887 blows it away in every aspect.

The 9887 is the LAST true SQ unit Alpine will make single din wise the 117 is ok but you need imprint to make it 3 way active. The 9887 does not, Also the 9887 has high speed burr brown DAC's in it.

9887 is a solid unit if you want an all inclusive deck and personally it is still better then the new Pioneer deck and I have listend to both.

I currently run the 9886 with the PXA-h800 processor and c-800 controller.

Go with the 9887 and sell off the 7949 to an Alpine collector!

I posses an alpine CDA-7949 tha I want to hook up to my car but at the same time I found a deal for a *Demo* alpine CDA-9887 + Imprint + installation for $210 out of the door. I am Debating between the two here and the deal i was offered. Please advice!
That is an absolutely KILLER deal on the 9887. It's not uncommon to see those go used ALONE for that price, no to mention the imprint and install. Do it. Sell your 7949.

I appreciate all the feedback. How much would you guys think the CDA-7949 goes for nowadays. Everything works even the blackout mode and the hidden reset button //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

alright guys I walked away from this deal. I discovered that although it is advertized as cda-9887 with imprint, it does not come with the module, they just implied that it is imprint ready. The imprint module is sold separate. Second, they want to charge $50 extra for installation although the deal was advertized "$210 installed" + they want $40 for kit + $12 for antenna + $20 harness which came out to a total of $350 :S

The $210 price was just for the head unit alone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.