CDA-9887 + goodies

WCM3

Hey guys,

I'm new here and was actually interested in purchasing an Alpine CDA-9887 head unit. I have XM radio in my other car now so I was interested in getting it installed as well. I was going to go with the Terk XM Radio Universal tuner, the KCE-422i ipod cable, and the KCE-300BT bluetooth model. Has anybody ran a combination like this? Will it work correctly?

I'm just curious because I've read reviews on this setup in older headunits but never on a 9887.

Thanks guys,

Mike

only difference there is that the ipod cable won't plug into the HU, it will plug into the KCE-300BT.

I run a similar setup on my IVA-D105. The bluetooth piece works great, but the microphone is a little finicky.

Justin89T,

How do you like the HD Radio reception? Any problems when no HD is in range?

I assume you are using the Alpine HD module.

How much difference is there in the sound quality?

Dave

Justin89T,How do you like the HD Radio reception? Any problems when no HD is in range?

I assume you are using the Alpine HD module.

How much difference is there in the sound quality?

Dave
I think its great. It could be my imagination but it seems as if normal stations are coming in stronger, and clearer as well. The two HD radios Spokane has come in as clear as you could expect.

no complaints about it at all. I have no idea what it retails for but I got it for under 100 bucks. worth it for that price. not sure if i'd buy it for much more though.

and yes, i'm using the Alpine piece.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.