CDA-9855 Issues

Alpine is SERIOUSLY pissing me off with their head unit issues
mad.gif

Yeah, so my 9855 is broke again. It wont open or close. Could this be possible from me screwing up on the wiring? Or what the hell is going on?

Sorry for jacking the thread.

my alpine has been top notch. the mp3 issue happened on another 9835 on the same tracks. might be the burner, but the mp3 i think is a little sensitive. wma is better anyways, supposed to have cd quality sound and about 1/3 smaller than mp3. and i have the sirius hookup and none of it has been a problem.

Yeah, so my 9855 is broke again. It wont open or close. Could this be possible from me screwing up on the wiring? Or what the hell is going on?
Sorry for jacking the thread.
I just recently bought a 9855 and am now starting to have a problem when I hit the open button it stops playing but doesn't eject the CD. I got really pissed at it so I thumped the face right after I pushed the button and it opened up. I've had it back to where I had it installed twice and of course the problem can't be replicated. I'm totally bent beause I paid about $450 and I have to treat it like a $20 tv that starts to go fuzzy so you hit it with a shoe to make it work again.

I just recently bought a 9855 and am now starting to have a problem when I hit the open button it stops playing but doesn't eject the CD. I got really pissed at it so I thumped the face right after I pushed the button and it opened up. I've had it back to where I had it installed twice and of course the problem can't be replicated. I'm totally bent beause I paid about $450 and I have to treat it like a $20 tv that starts to go fuzzy so you hit it with a shoe to make it work again.

dam, thats gay. I'm pissed. I think I am about to go back to where I bought it and tell them to give me another one.

Does anyone here have a CDA-9855 with a SIR-ALP1 sirius tuner? If so Please do this test for me, have your source as cd start playing a song, turn your car off, wait a few seconds turn car back on, see if cd plays for a minute without stopping.

OT (sorry) My 9853 sometimes the face plate dont move (rarely happens) but when it does I just hit the side of of my console and it fixes. I think it only happens when my car gets really hot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.