CDA-9855 Issues

audiofx81
10+ year member

Hey all i just recently installed my cda-9855, and have a ew concerns. When i first turn on ignition to acessory or turn the car on, the cd player loads plays for a few seconds then stops for a few seconds then plays fine, it only happens on the cd portion, radio, sat radio etc load and stay fine. I hope my unit is not defective *sigh*

i tried resetting didnt work, *sigh* called alpien they said send it back to the place i bought it from (internet) so i guess ill be without tunes, ***** i jsut got this thing

I just ordered a 9853, so hopefully thats a unique problem to the 9855.

It would, of course, be better if your headunit was defective or something, and you got yours fixed, and everyone lived happily ever after.

But more importantly, it better not happen to mine . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have had many alpines.

all with no problems or issues at all, that is one of the reasons I continue to use alpine, quality has been topnotch with my experiences.

Ok heres an update to the problem, while wiring my car for my system i was messing with the HU. Now heres the thing, i have a SIR-ALP1 for sirius. I had sirius disconnected to re-route the wire for it, i turned the HU on, cd comes on and waiting... music didnt turn off and back on like it usually did, after further testing, when the sir-alp1 has power and is connected, and my last source was a cd; I turn the car on and it plays a few secs then stops for 2-3 secs then resumes fine, this is only when sir-alp1 is powred on. Ok so i thought maybe my power setup (plugged into an empty fuse slot) was a bad connection. so i attached a test wire to the end of the sir-alp1 power wire, and run it to the battery directly, turn on HU and sure enough it still has the problem. Maybe the sat radio turner box is defective? bad ground for the sir-alp1 (dont think this it or the unit most likely wouldnt get sat radio at all) Im very stumbled by this alpine tech support was worthless.

One more thing i am going to try tommorow is a fresh wire directly from sir-alp1 box to battery positive and negative via a zipcord. Anyone have any ideas? (the good news is without sirius the HU runs fine none of the issues others have had)

My first Alpine ownz all of those. 7840

cda7840.jpg

I just installed my 9855 yesterday and I can't be happier. But, at first I was worried. The entire unit was fluttering. It looked like it wasn't getting enough power. But after 3 min or so it stopped. It did that the first two times I turned it on. It hasn't done it again, so I assume/hope everything is ok.

only slightly off topic.. I got a 9830 last month and I'm sending it back because 5 times now it loses all but the sub output. Resetting brings the sound back, but when reset all adjustments are lost. Gonna get the Eclipse I wanted in the first place...

2wheeler, i wanted eclipse too thats all i ever used but i didnt like the 05 line , however i might just have to get one down the line and sell the alpine. Anyway back on topic: REPOST

Ok heres an update to the problem, while wiring my car for my system i was messing with the HU. Now heres the thing, i have a SIR-ALP1 for sirius. I had sirius disconnected to re-route the wire for it, i turned the HU on, cd comes on and waiting... music didnt turn off and back on like it usually did, after further testing, when the sir-alp1 has power and is connected, and my last source was a cd; I turn the car on and it plays a few secs then stops for 2-3 secs then resumes fine, this is only when sir-alp1 is powred on. Ok so i thought maybe my power setup (plugged into an empty fuse slot) was a bad connection. so i attached a test wire to the end of the sir-alp1 power wire, and run it to the battery directly, turn on HU and sure enough it still has the problem. Maybe the sat radio turner box is defective? bad ground for the sir-alp1 (dont think this it or the unit most likely wouldnt get sat radio at all) Im very stumbled by this alpine tech support was worthless.

One more thing i am going to try tommorow is a fresh wire directly from sir-alp1 box to battery positive and negative via a zipcord. Anyone have any ideas? (the good news is without sirius the HU runs fine none of the issues others have had)

Kinda off topic...Today my 9855 stopped moving. As in I could not take out a cd or put on in, or make it tilt. I was pissed because I just bought it a week ago. I installed it myself and it worked for about a week now, so I knew at one point it worked. I called bestbuy (thats where I bought it from) and they said to just reset it. They said they have had that problem kinda often with the 9855s. So I just pulled it out and reset the unit and it works just like new now. Just fyi if that happens to you...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.