cd 7100 ??

Participant count
  • Participant list
i finally got my amp battery and sub and deck put in but my subwoofer only plays when its on radio,when i turn it to cd the amp turns off,any1 know what the problem is

Does your 7100 have a lead to switch on a power antenna?

(Look in your manual)

If so, it sounds like you're using that lead as the remote turn on for the sub amp instead of the regular remote lead off the HU.

if that was the case then y would it play on the radio

Because the HU is supposed to send a current through the power antenna power lead when the radio is turned on.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Juan? Audison amps?? When did that happen? What happened to the XXK's?

Yes, I installed them this past weekend. I sold the XXK's back in July. After that I ran a couple of the new small chassis Fosgate Power amps (T400-4 and T600-2).

I like them, they are very small in size with enough power for my needs. I also installed the VCRAK module that is a gain control module. This was kind of a pain to install as it requires you to actually wire the unit (knob) to a switched 12v power source, ground, dimmer, remote wire, as well as the wires that runs to the actual amp that controls the module. This would have been easier if done like everyone else through the use of a single connection cable to the amp. The module itself was easy to intall inside the amp's circuit board through the port located underneath it. I do have to say though that this module's range is very wide, something that I really like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

khops

10+ year member
khops
SPFLD, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from