Cca

[quote name='dailyrider123']@Massive spl how did you get colored wire? I seen the pic in the other post I think and you power wire was blue.[/QUOTE]

Oh I have eb red and black 2/0 from front to back..
That's blue wire is KNU tinned OFC 1/0.

demand, how much they have in stock. maybe they ordered/produced too much of other colors and not enough red.... just business reasons. also red die costs more.

personlly, i dont like cca due to the corrosion. but that can be mitigated, just an annoyance.

As someone who used CCA for years, just use OFC. As others have mentioned weldingsupply.com sells 2/0 dirt cheap. It has lower resistance and doesn't heat up anywhere near as much, you won't need to buy more wire if you decide to scale up your system, and if you ever want to sell it a lot more people will want to buy OFC.

Surplus spool of mechman wire
Soft jacket true 0 gauge
I don't know what 0 guage CCA means. Does that mean it's electrically the same as 0 awg OFC or that it's physically the same?

I don't have any personal bias for or against CCA, but in a competitive system - I would want the ELECTRICAL specs of the wire before making any decision. Primarily I'd want to know ohms/ft.

If you know, or can get that info and determine that adequate cross section could be used w/o it being impractical vs OFC I see no reason not to use it.

I don't understand the arguement about CCA heating up. Some one puts up a visually impressive thermal imaging video showing what happens to undersized wire and people think it's stone cold proof that CCA is bad. Don't undersize your wire and that video has no meaning.

Any one compete that runs cca power and ground for their amps I'm talking 150+ db club. If so have you had any problems from cca breaking down or burning up
makes my amp heat up pretty bad for no reason. Well not sure if its the real cause, gonna upgrade wire soon. So I will have a definite answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.