Carputer 101

nice, i might have some pm's for ya about how you installed.
Here is a link to some of the low powered Turions. These are about 1/3 of what a normal AMD 64 CPU would draw in the form of watts.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_12651_12658,00.html

I plan on the MT-30 or 37.
NICE LINK. thats exactly what i was looking for.

now, do motherboards really draw a lot of power? now that i can find a processor, i just need a nice motherboard.

You want to make sue you get a MB that will support the Turion. Not all do.
Here is a list of MB that do. There may be more but this is a pretty good start.

http://angelfall.s39.xrea.com/area2ch/turion-e.html

Also, here is a link to my old installed Carputer(s)

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/402712
ahh ok cool, i did not know that. now i was thinking of buying the mt-37 and it looks like the there are only 2 boards that it supports on that list, one of which is an sli-board. i dont think i'd ever want to go sli in my car lol. you said you were thinking of going with the mt-37, what board were you looking at?

I said 30 or 37. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I will definitely go with a micro-ATX with built-in VGA. I don't care for overpowered graphics in my car. So most likely I will go with the MSI K8NGM-V if I can find one relatively cheap. Even though it states it's a full ATX MB, it's really a Micro-ATX and it's pretty skinny compared to the other Micro-ATX boards.

After a quick search I see a refurbished one on eBay but the guy wants flippin' $20 to ship it!?!?!

I said 30 or 37. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I will definitely go with a micro-ATX with built-in VGA. I don't care for overpowered graphics in my car. So most likely I will go with the MSI K8NGM-V if I can find one relatively cheap. Even though it states it's a full ATX MB, it's really a Micro-ATX and it's pretty skinny compared to the other Micro-ATX boards.

After a quick search I see a refurbished one on eBay but the guy wants flippin' $20 to ship it!?!?!
lol, well supposedly the turion cores will work with 754 boards as long as it has the right bios. this guy used this board, and its only about $65. but hot dam you cant beat $20 lolz.

What do you guys use as far as remotes?
I need to get a remote for my CarPC...
I dont understand your quetion sorry. Are you reffering to like a remote lead "turn-on: or just a remote in general? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Everybody check this out. If I were to own an Acura TL i would definately do it this way, except mount the computer a bit better.
2006 ACURA TL
man that looks awesome. usually they leave the radio and mount it lower in the dash. itd be AWESOME if he integrated the buttons on the side with the screen itself somehow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...