Carputer 101

http://www.formfactors.org/developer%5Cspecs%5Cmatxspe1.2.pdf

check mp3car.com. I know the exact dimensions are listed there.
well i did find some dimensions of just the screen portion of the 7" lilliput. i'm not sure how accurate they are, but i'll post over there to double check. oh nice link btw, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

ok guys, i'm in a delima. i really want to put a carpc in my grand cherokee, but i'm not sure if my dash is going to allow me to. heres the thread i made over at mp3car.com, but sometimes it just takes forever for people to respond. maybe some of you who have actually installed before could offer some advice. http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98638

according to the dimensions i found, it might be possible to fit the 7" lilliput in the stock cd player location, but i'm 100% sure.

OPUS recently came out with a 320W DC-DC PSU with built in startup/shutdown controller.
http://opussolutions.com/index.php?p=product&id=49

Now we can run even more powerful computers and not have to deal with using a power inverter.
$189.00 for that PSU. Thats an excellent price IMO. I think I may eventually buy one and upgrade to a "beefier" computer. But i wonder if its like car amps where they badge it as 320W but its 320W MAX and not "rms". Any idea?

$189.00 for that PSU. Thats an excellent price IMO. I think I may eventually buy one and upgrade to a "beefier" computer. But i wonder if its like car amps where they badge it as 320W but its 320W MAX and not "rms". Any idea?
thats a good question, i wouldn't doubt it for marketing reasoning.

aside from that, meglo you have a lilliput dont you? hows the glare on it?

Glare on a Lilliput is pretty bad when it's direct sunlight. Pretty much unreadable and there is nothing you can do to fix it unless you change the type of touchscreen it uses. If you have darker tint it definitely helps though.

yeah i'm definately looking at getting some darker tint, and i'm also putting it lower in the dash. i've noticed the sunlight doesn't hit it directly in the lower part of the dash too much. the transreflective screen would be nice, but i'm not spending more money on a 7" screen than a 32" for my home lol.

glare ***** when direct sun hits it. id take a Xenarc any day though, but the xenarc has a glossier screen i beleive but it has a brighter screen to compensate for it, i had the opportunity to play with REDGTis once in person. She had hers positioned in such a way where she didnt get sunlight hitting it from when i was playing with it & i love how the Xenarc doesnt have that "glass" touchscreen aswell.

i got 5% tint, but my screen is positioned bad, it never occured to me the sun would hit it. That was bad planning on my part. Had i made the screen slightly more vertical and less diagnol i probally wouldnt have this problem.

have you considered a flipout since u only have a 1.5 din?

glare ***** when direct sun hits it. id take a Xenarc any day though, but the xenarc has a glossier screen i beleive but it has a brighter screen to compensate for it, i had the opportunity to play with REDGTis once in person. She had hers positioned in such a way where she didnt get sunlight hitting it from when i was playing with it & i love how the Xenarc doesnt have that "glass" touchscreen aswell.
have you considered a flipout since u only have a 1.5 din?
eh, i really dont want to go that route. not only is it more expensive, but i really want it to be a custom job, not just a plug it in type deal. there is a nice spot lower in the dash in front of the shifter, and it should work out nice. plus it'll allow me to go active with my 880 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

transflective
the Screen is the one part of the CarPC that you use every time. It's what will make or brake your install and will make or brake the use of your carpc.
It could also make or BREAK your install. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It could also make or BREAK your install. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
must have been a Pun statement. brake as in put a halt on the use of the carputer, and/or break as in breaking the screen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...