carbon fiber subwoofer box?

Trey803
5,000+ posts

GAMECOCKS
SC
So I just got off the phone with my brother who works at HighTower boatworks in Charleston SC. He's gonna build me a mdf box that will be precisely cut with a 4 axis cnc machine and have all the bells and whistles such as rabbited edges and interlocking boards. This will just be temporary so I can install my sub during x-mas break which is the first time I will see him. After that he is going to get some crazy fiberglass dudes that are working on multi-million dollar boats to make me a fiberglass or carbon fiber speaker box and have it painted in their paint booth:crazy:. So my question is do you think carbon fiber would make a good subwoofer box or should I just stick with fiberglass. All I need is to send him the plans for the mdf box and he is going to help me design the other one during my x-mas break when he's got time to sit down with me and look at the space I have available in my truck.

Im sure it would work similar to fiberglass.. just maybe a bit stronger? And lighter for the matter.. but im sure it would be cheaper, and have similar results just using fiberglass IMO..

Andrew

heard there is a world wide shortage of carbon fiber or something from a dealer???

anyways if u can get it for free go for it for the sake of coolness and value.

sound wise, your ear probably wont notice a differnace.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.