Caraudio Gurus recognize these Chronic Amplifiers ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrplz
10+ year member

Caraudio Gurus recognize these Chronic Amplifiers ? A friend gave them to me the class D amp works but the smaller 4 channel turns on and then off I was just wondering if its worth fixing,

thanks guys

th_2012-04-15_21-50-23_192.jpg

th_2012-04-15_21-50-31_710.jpg

Open them up... Should help answer ur question real quick..
Like I said one works real good the larger amp (sub amp) but the little one 4channel shuts off the on ! I did open her up but I could not see anything burnt or melted Im assuming its the power supply. I will snap some pictures of the internals maybe some one could shed some light.

btw thanks for the replies

Chorinc amplifiers were not middle of the road amplifiers by any means, these were pretty well built. The ones the op has look newer so maybe they are a cheap remake of what was a great amplifier back in the 90's.

Snoop doggy dog was rumored to be supporting them according to a CES ad from 1998.

%24(KGrHqF,!rcE88g9cKRSBPSwMdBunw~~60_57.JPG

chronic_amp.jpg

These were not middle of the road amplifiers by any means, these were pretty well built.
Snoop doggy dog was rumored to be supporting them according to a CES ad from 1998.

%24(KGrHqF,!rcE88g9cKRSBPSwMdBunw~~60_57.JPG

chronic_amp.jpg
That was only a rumor for advertisement. No where near the truth.

It depends on what's wrong really... I have seen pics of the old stuff which is pretty nice but the newer stuff I'm not so sure about...
I will snap internal pics of the amplifiers that way you guys could help me decide to fix or to junk lol

Yes and you know the truth huh, so lets here it pro-rabbit.
It was just a small based company like many others. The name damaged them more then anything causing a lack in sales. They are currently an "on the fence" company and their amp line was ok at first and now is not any better then others. Their sub line was mediocre at best.

I would have to dig through files to pull up info on who created it and who owns them now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.