head unit does not recognize the folder names

Participant count
  • Participant list

bulldozer00

CarAudio.com Newbie
Does anyone know the reason why my head unit does not recognize folder names, I have 7 folders, they have short names, on the usb(fat32) and I don't know why my folders start from the second number, so they have the names "ALB 2", "ALB 3" and so on until 8. Alpine ute-200bt

Does anyone know the reason why my head unit does not recognize folder names, I have 7 folders, they have short names, on the usb(fat32) and I don't know why my folders start from the second number, so they have the names "ALB 2", "ALB 3" and so on until 8. Alpine ute-200bt
I'm not sure but none of my head units picks up folders they just show the songs

Msc/mtp, but it is the same on the “android” mode
If you have some time, try a couple of formats on that USB drive. You said it is formatted to FAT32, try exFAT and NTFS. If you are able to use NTFS there should be no issues but I suspect that Alpine will use exFAT at best as the folder numbers are limited to under 300.

In Windows:
Right Click the USB Drive
Select Format...
Select File System
Select exFAT
Volume Label - Name the USB drive what you like
Quick Format
Start
Let it do its thing.

When you add folders, create a new folder on your desktop, copy the music folders into the new folder. Rename each music folder to something simple with no symbols. Put these renamed folders on the thumbdrive (USB). See if this fixes the issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...